Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
osirus

Repartitioning in Win2k

is there any software available to repartition a win2k partition from the win2k partition? maybe like a partition magic for win2k

Well, I don't know what you mean by repartitioning a win2k partition from the win2k partition. If you own partition magic you can do about anything you want to your drive from win98 or the program's boot disks, as it will not run on win2k. If you just want to convert your drive to ntfs, you can type the (I saw it a few days ago on this board, search) command at the command prompt.

what i meant was...

i want to install win98 on my hard drive in order to output to a TV with my voodoo 3 card. instead of formating my hard drive i wanted to resize my win2k partition to leave some room to install win98

You can use a partition magic bootup disk to resize it to anything providing you have the space. It also comes in real handy whenever reinstalling any kind of os. If you want I will send it to you via email or something.

Or you can use the latest voodoo3 drivers on my web site.......

shhhhhh quiet though...3dfx may get annoyed that we are happy and don't mind using beta drivers

[This message has been edited by Seldzar (edited 29 January 2000).]

if you could send the boot disk, ive tried installing partition magic 4 and 5 all borrowed but i had no luck. i havent tried the boot disks yet, so if you can my email is osirus888@yahoo.com or my icq # is 51530880

thx

I would do that even PM5 messup booting of Windows2000