Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bka32

Nero 4.0.8.3 Works, but doesn't work

Ok, here's the deal, when I had the previous version of Nero, I installed it, and when I rebooted, got the nerocdnt.sys error, so I just removed the file, rebooted and all went. I went to use the program, everything went perfect. When I went to use the CD, it wasn't readable at all, yet Nero said burn process completed successfully. I was pissed of course cause I lost the CD. Now, I have this version and I get the same thing, except this time I tell it like someone said to, and told 2k to revert back to known good, and it booted, I used the software, same as the previous version. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Or do I need that file to work?

I have used nero 4.0.8.3 with no problems. I would try this however, instead of deleting the nerocdnt file, reinstall nero, then when you get that error, use the win2k cd and boot from it....choose repair, then choose console mode....once you get to the prompt, type Disable Nerocdnt.sys....it will give yiou a message saying that the reg. entry has been changed and to write it down. Then reboot as normal. then make sure you have an ASPI driver from either Adaptec (i use this one) or I think that Nero has one. And it should work fine.

I didn't delete it, I just told Win2k to go back to its previous working state

I found that that didn't work for me, it unloaded some of the other stuff needed buy nero that doesn't interfere. However what is you system setup? maybe you are having some other problem.

It does it regardless, I have a AMD K6-2 450 mhz, 192 megs RAM, 27 gig HD, 8 meg SiS 6326 AGP, Soundblaster 64 PCI, Toshiba SD-M1302 DVDROM, Mitsumi 4802TE burner, and other various hardware with nothing to do with it.