Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
[PhoeniX]

Win2000 Final + SBLive + WinOnCD 3.7 not starting up

If you can't get your WinOnCD 3.7 start up then read this!

Today I noticed some new LiveWare 3 installations instruction and I downloaded and tried to install it again (I tried it over and over with the old instruction and it was never working for me).

Well, again it did not work. Looks like the SoundCard can't be found by any player and AudioHQ...

So I said, f*ck it! I will wait for the real Creative Windows 2000 LiveWare 3... And I reinstalled the standard WDM drivers the sound is working with them and I don't need more features atm...

You remember that you checked some thing in "Control Panel/Sounds and Multimedia/Hardware/Creative SBLive/Properties" ?

You enabled 'Do not map through this device' !

And I guess you re-installed your standard WDM drivers by NOT CHECKING 'Do not map through this device' ??!

Hehe, I did...

So go and ENABLE 'Do not map through this device' ! And WinOnCD 3.7 (I have the PowerEdition) will start up just fine...

I just hope Creative will release some working LiveWare or I will find any cool Mixer working with Win2000... Because this installation description is just not good enough - I am getting much more error messages and stuff so I can't follow the author... And I really tried it again and again.

Have fun

Sorry but WinOnCD 3.7 dosen't work with my CDR so I can't test it, I use plain old Adaptec Easy CD Creator 3.5c.

What I like to know why in world is WinOnCD use sound drivers for.

Hi

3 things WinOnCD may use sound drivers for:

- There are a lot of soundediting tools (like fade in/out, record, play etc.)

- you can play MP3 when building a CDDA

- and you can preview MPGs (of course with sound)

Its obviously, when I check the box WinOnCD starts up, when its unchecked it doesn't!

cya