Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Sneis

Windows2000Pro Desktop icons

OK i have this really annoying problem with windows 2000. Everytime my desktop refreshes, the icons get into ABC order!!! I want my icons to be in a certain order and stay there, not have to worry about having to line up the icons or manually arranging them. Basically, is there a way to lock up my desktop icons so they stay in the same spot all the time ?????

NONONONONNO!!!! you dont understand!!! the icons keep on going back to ABC order when i refresh or something. I dont want it ABC ORDER!!!! I JUST WANT THEM IN THE ORDER I HAVE THEM SET TO!!! IVE HAD BILLIONS OF PEOPLE TELL ME THAT SAME STUPID THING EVERYTIME!!!!!! YOU JUST DONT GET IT!!!-as you can see im having a bad day and am very angry..i need this problem fixed! help me!

Get TweakUI for Windows 2000. Go to the EXPLORER tab deselect the Save Explorer Window Settings.

------------------

C:\Dos

C:\Dos\Run

\Run\Dos\Run

Hey Mr. Sneeze - chill out :-)

If you are asking for help and after the first person replies you type NONONONONO in this beautiful glaring caps, you will probably attract some pretty negative attention.

A friendly word of advice...

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

... and one more thing - no one NEEDS to have their icons sort in a non alphabetical order to have a good day. Maybe some different meds are called for if that is the case <g>.

------------------

Shrink

Must...assign....cards...in PCI....slots...by....alphabetical...order. Must...rearrange...CD's...in...alphabetical....order. WHY?? Because I've got to MISTER!!! hehehehhe.

Been working too hard tonight...going insane.

ROTFL

------------------

Shrink