Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Neo the MATRIX

Powerdown

Make sure you have APM selected in Control Panel under Power Options.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

well... i've got the same prob w/ my Abit BH-6 [rev1.0 bios FU] and i DISabled(!) ACPI in BIOS. That did the job...dunno if that helps with you wink

First you will need to make sure that Win2k isn't installed in acpi mode (check device manager/computer and it probably says Standard PC - that is okay). Then restart your computer and when the initial screen comes up (detecting hard drives, etc...), either press <del> or F2 and that will get your bios utility started. Under Power Management there should be an option related to ACPI - you can disable that. I don't think that is going to make much difference, though, but it is worth a try.

Shrink

------------------

Shrink

Then your mobo isn't acpi compliant and switching off acpi is obviously not the solution to your problem. I would hit up the asus newsgroup and post a question in there, or see if the issue has already been addressed.

------------------

Shrink

I have a similar problem... The reboot/shutdown functions lock up. The Standby/Hibernate functions just reboot my machine instantly. After several hours of testing, I traced the problem down to winDVD. The funny thing is that everything works fine before I install winDVD... so maybe the next version will fix this problem... other than that problem Windows 2000 runs very stable... (I've keep my comptuer up for 2 weeks now of normal use)...