Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vader777

Shutdown Problems

I am having an odd problem with Windows 2000. When I tell it to shutdown, it just reboots the computer. I'm wondering if it's a problem with my hardware or its some configuration problem in the software. My motherboard is not that old...a ASUS P5A. This isn't a serious problem but is getting annoying. Thanks.

I am not familiar with that board, thus i ask if it is an AT board, as I also have that problem with an old machine built on an AT board.

It could be that 2000 tells the board to shut down, but because the AT supply cannot be soft switched, it stays on and resets.

Just a thought.

------------------

-------------------------

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

win2k wont shutdown on my computer either. when i shutdown the harddrives spin down and the computer says i can shutdown now but i cant. the power button becomes inoperable.

Im usuing normal hardware. sblive vipper 550 abit bh6 with current bios update on it. any ideas?

------------------

Mikey

well i also have the P5A from ASUS (Rev 1.03)

and apart from not shutting down itself (have just enabled APM to see if it works)

it does not reboot @ shutdown

what is your bios version/mobo revision?

I have the same problem, but only AFTER I install winDVD. Any Suggestions?

System:

ASUS P3B-F/P3 450/128 MB

Voodoo 3 3000/SB Live! Value

[This message has been edited by nothing (edited 25 February 2000).]

go to Control Panel/Power Options/APM and enable APM, if it doesn't work try a BIOS update or you'll have to live with reaching on the back and flipping the power switch