Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hellstorm

Multiple (Orgasm)Operative-system

I just get crazy.

I have win98se Norwegian Version using Programfiler as Prog-Dir, and win2k 2195 English Version on the same drive. Are my win98 and win2000 having [censored] or something?

In spite of that I have the file "taskmon.exe" located only one place on my hd: "C:\Windows\Taskmon.exe", win2k executes this file on startup. WHY??? Why?

There is absolutely nothing in my startup-folder, and no files on my hd contains "taskmon.exe".

The same s**t with a windows-explorer window that pops up within the startup of win2k. Where on my computer is the information to start these files stored? I am sure someone else have had theese problems, coz this is the second time I have installed win2k (not just upgraded, but really installed with format c smile. The problem is almost the same like on the other install.

It's not REALLY freaking me out, but it is VERY irritating that I can't control my OS.

Hopes...

Win 98 and Win2k having [censored]? I guess the ugly baby would be Win ME. Have you tried searching the registry? do a find for taskmon. If you find it in a folder like Run or something, delete that key. Should work for you.

I found it in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\........

continue searching..bzzz...bzz........

I Found it! Run taskmon... delete delete.

Thank you very much.

By the way, what do you mean by win ME?

[This message has been edited by Hellstorm (edited 05 March 2000).]

Taskmon.exe is an important system program. If you press alt-ctrl-delete you'll see how handy it is smile

(only in win98)

And anyway its your own fault for installing them on the same drive smile