Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TonyMontana

Network LAG in 2000?!! HELP!!

How come there is about a 3-8 sec lag on going to any networked drive on a local lan.. (Peer to Peer) If I try to access a local hard drive on my lan it lags like I said.. but if I use win98 it comes up like NOW? Its been this way in all versions of 2000 is there something I have to set so the computers are instant access? In the user settings or LAN settings? Thanks and HELP!

Yup That win98 doing that but the good new is 2 Windows2000 System don't do this.

Not so.. I have (2) networked 2000 systems and one 98.. and any of the win2k systems that I use have LAG but when i goto the 98 system it brings up the network drives instantly and the 2k systems have 10 sec lag? is there settings like mapping drives or something?

Totaly know the pain, i have had the same win 2k problem. it was so much faster in 98 for some reason. i ended up just mapping drives in my computer. that was faster. but even in net neighborhood i would look up my own computer, and it was terribly slow.

------------------

Amd k7 500 w/ 3dnow and mmx. :: 192 mb sd100 ram.

Biostar m7mka mobo. :: 32x toshieba cd rom. :: 2x write 4x read phillips cdr w/ adaptec scsi. :: Winfast nvidia geforce 256 ddr 32mb w/ tv out. :: Diamond monster mx 300 Sound. :: Standard Floppy. :: 5 speakers including a subwoofer. :: Us robotics external 56k modem x2 v.90. :: Intellimouse explorer. ::

Standard gateway keyboard. :: 17 inch gateway ev700 monitor. :: Epson stylus color 600 printer. :: Info scaner. :: D-link 10/100 mbit ethernet lan card. dfe-530tx+ w/ wol. :: Windows 2000 Professional.