Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wo[ver]ne

Liveware for win2k RC

I this one newer than the *beta* that was floating around earlier.. I have that one and it works FLAWLESS from Creative Labs even though its tagged BETA. I have tried DELL and the other walk thru to install these Liveware drivers and this is the only one that worked with EVERYTHING intact. So let me know if these drivers on your Idrive is newer than the ones I am using now. Thanks alot.

Yeah, I too would like to know if this Liveware is newer then the previous beta that was floating around here on this msg board earlier. smile

------------------

DarkWolf

As I walk through the Darkness and the Shadows of the Night, you should be wary as you are never out of my sight.

Let me know too, but I also have one other request.

Let me know if "devldr32.exe" hangs when you shut down. So far on both the Creative liveware beta and Dell's liveware, the file "devldr32.exe" hangs when I shutdown, and I know of a couple other people who are having the same problem.. Thanx!

------------------

---Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.---

Pentium II 450@504 4.5X112

128MB PC100 SDRAM

Diamond Viper V770 Ultra

Sound Blaster Live! Value

Seagate 13.6 Gig 7200RPM ATA/66

Western Digital 13.4 Gig 7200RPM ATA/66

Quantum 8.3 Gig

36X Acer CD Rom

Viewsonic PS790 19" Sweet as Heck Monitor

3Com NIC

Lexmark 5700 Printer

I am one of the unfortunates.... but perhaps someone will get a clue from this:-

On boot-up, with no apps running except Creative Launcher, the DEVLDR32.EXE process is running 3 times?!

That's wierd. I'm not having that problem, but I sure am having other problems with that file!

Just a question....

is that file devldr32.exe part of liveware, or is it part of the creative labs DVD software? does anybody actually know what it does?

just curious

BlaZeR2

Not sure what it actually does, but i DO know that if you get rid of it, the only thing in liveware that remains to work is the mixer.

If you delete devldr32.exe, audiohq and everything else gives you an error message on initialization.. something like "no compatible audio device could be found to be used with this program".

Yet, if you don't get rid of the file, it takes about 7 mins to reboot or shutdown.

I surely hope that the final release of liveware for win2k fixes this problem!

By the way,

if you are interested in this devldr32.exe topic, i posted the topic about a week or so ago.. its still on the main applications page... not too much diff info than whats on here, except that somebody thought that perhaps it was conflicting with antivirus software... after testing about 4 diff antivirus'es... still having the problem.. so now I'm just using the ole WDM drivers.