Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Sneis

Let me get this office 2k sr-1 thing straight

OK, I will admit, I am running a pirated copy of office 2k premium(on a CD). If I install the sr-1 update, it will cease to work after 50 uses? What happens when I decide to register it? What if when I register they bust me for having a illegal copy? How bad will it be? Someone please clarify these questions, and not with a bunch of bologna! -bologna?

No. It will not work AT ALL unless you can produce a serial number that is not in its' database. The scheme you are describing is going into all new retail and OEM releases of O2K which include already SR1. Unless some intrepid cracker removes the serial # check, we are without SR1. No big loss as I have had no problems with the original O2K (unlike Corel Office 2000).

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 450@504

Soltek SL67B Mobo with 128 mb pc100

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

You can register the same serial number hundreds of times it really doesn't matter microsoft is not going to come after you. If you are worried fill the reg info with bull****. I have installed the same copy of O2K Pro on at least 20 computers on the same network and registered all of them. Along with Frontpage 2k and a **** load of other programs it really doesn't matter! And I really don't think anyone should be ashamed to pirate from MS it is not like Bill needs more money.

Mr. Sneis - I have a s/n that works with SR1 (had to do a lot of searching to find one but eventually did). Email me if you want it.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 450@504

Soltek SL67B Mobo with 128 mb pc100

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail