Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
marky

Couple of problems

Not really application specific, sorry. Thought I might get more of a response in this group tho.. wink

Anyway, firstly my system cannot hibernate anymore? I used to be able to in RC1/2 IIRC, but cannot in 2195 (yes I have it enabled). Problem occurs when I boot the system after I have hibernated. Progress bar (text mode one right at start of win2k bootup) gets to full, then computer freezes.

My other problem relates to DUN. Recently, I seem to have developed randomly disappearing dialup networking connections, this isn't because i've logged in under the wrong user or anything, sometimes they just all disappear. If i login again, they come back. Only two items that remain are my LAN connection and "add new connection". Any ideas? Virus? smile

this may or may not help k (so i wont be the cause of the most spectular crash u may see).

go into ur bios, go to the acpi function ( advanced configuratio and power interface ).

all the rc's worked regardless of a few settings in acpi. fiddle around here a bit.

it WILL cause crashes but thats where ull sort it out