Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EddiE314

ICQ2000a beta - Memory Issue...

On my present Temp. Setup (PII333@375, 128MB ram) ICQ 2000a tried to use 78MB of memory just to start, i know this isn't natural. My pagefile space was: Min.320 Max:460. Got a low memory error after icq slowed the system to a halt, i was able to open task manager and open Processes, as i said above, it was trying to use 78MB. Then i got a C++ runtime error. I know my system needs to be defragged but i am too lazy right now and its time that i do a fresh win2k install anyway. Just wanted to know if anyone else had this particular problem.

Thanks.

Yeah, mine works fine too. Taking up about 4 megs of ram at the moment.

Yup, just downloaded it, it worked fine b4, then all of a sudden...boom! I jusr formatted and reinstalled win2k, this time i installed icq99b instead of 2000a.

This may not be any help but were you using the icq email checking in icq 2000 there seem to be a lot of problems with that, so long as you arent using that icq 2000 seems to work perfectly i dont have any problems running icq for days at a time.

I got a weird one...with 2000a it takes around 12 MB RAM...but i tried to install 99b and it didn't want to run!! Gave me a debug error (i tried 99b before 2000a)... go figure...

Usually this is a problem that plugins from 2000a are left in the icq directory if you want to uninstall icq 2000a to go back to 99b then you would have to uninstall icq 2000 and then delete the files in the icq directory, it would be best to delete everything and only back up your history database. Although maybe that wasnt youre problem sorry if this wasnt any help