pr-man

Does anyone actually prefer Windows ME? and if so why

smile

------------------

Celeron 300a@464 on a Abit BH6 Rev 1.01, 192 Pc100, Matrox G400 32 SH,

SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, all running on Win2k pro with other

odds and ends smile

Quick Answer for me: Hell ****ing No.

However, to ME's credit, The error that is common with the VIA KX133 chipset, Nvidia GeForce based cards, and Windows 2000, wasn't experienced by me.

Windows Me does have a few nice things I'd like to see in Win2k, such as, ummm..well...nevermind. WinMe doesn't have anything I want in Win2k.

I've only ran WinMe for a week now...but I've gotten more crashes than with Win98-which says a lot.

And I'm not really using anything unordinary...ATI card(for Linux compatability), A3D based soundcard...and an ATI NIC. It just crashes when I try to run IE every once in a while, and is always nonrecoverable.

Go figure.

There was a post a long time ago, saying WinME is for the kiddies, and Win2K is there for the "big boys" or something...And I agree.

As a big boy, I prefer Win2k...but which OS would I prefer my parents to have? Definitely WinME...it'll keep their computers safe from their incompetencies(if that's a word)...less opportunities to play and tweak...which is probably better for the general population(which tend to be idiots when it really comes down to computer related abilities).

Simple answer:

There is no way you can compare these two OS's.

WindowsME - I wont dirty my HD again.

------------------

PIII 700E, Intel D815EEA, 512MB PC100 RAM (Hyundai), Matrox G400MAX, SB Live! Value, Intel 10/100 NIC, Adaptec 2940UW, IBM 7200 ATA100 30GB HD, IBM 7200 ATA66 20GB HD, Pioneer 32x/6x SCSI DVD, Yamaha 4416 SCSI CD-RW, Iomega Zip 100 SCSI Internal, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 410.

Windows 2000 Only

Ok..

I can level with ya...I have had Windows Me 3000.2 final installed for months, it hasn't given me a problem at all...and I dual boot with Whistler and Whistler has exactly what I want, it has a few things from WinME that I like, as well has it's own NT, so it's awesome...

but I can honestly say, no problems with installing it and yes I like Me over 2000 because Me boots up faster and I don't enjoy waiting for Windows 2000 to boot up....but hell, the reason why I'm Me/Whistler, is because I like Whistler and I plan to go with it as soon as it's running good