Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Four and Twenty

Dual Monitors

I was thinking about adding a voodoo 3 2000 pci too run dual monitors my question is can the video cards display two different resolutions. I have to different sized monitor and I want the windows to look about the same siz from one to the other

------------------

My System

Dell Demension XPS T500

Triple Boot Windows 2000 Pro 2195 (allways reliable) / Windows Whistler Pro 2250 (cool but buggy) / Windows Millennium Final (waste of disk space)

PIII @ 500 Mhz (with after market heatsink and dual fan)

128 Megs Ram

TNT2 Ultra Graphics Card (with the core and memory overclocked by 20 Mhz and dual voodoo coolers)

3Com 10/100 Ethernet Card

3Com 56k Modem

12.6 Gig IBM HD

40X CD Rom Drive

100 Mb Zip Drive

You can select whatever resolution and color depth is available on your second monitor and graphics card, and make it the same as your primary monitor if capable of those settings.

You can also select which monitor will be the primary one, ie. the one showing the start menu.

Unless both monitors are the same size, you can't really make them look the same. Well not if one is a 21" and the other is a 15".

You can also stack them on top of each other and set the desktop to extend vertically as well.

Win2000 has the capability to extend its desktop to a maximum of 10 monitors. Anybody ever see a motherboard with more than 10 pci slots yet? smile

I've seen an Athlon board with 6 PCI slots.

------------------

------

My Computer

Pentium II 350

Gigabyte 6BXC M/B

16 meg Voodoo 3 2000 AGP

128 Meg of RAM

18 gig Western Digital Expert HDD UDMA 66

Sound Blaster Live ! 256

56k Modula Tech V90 USB modem

4 x SCSI writer

Advansys Host SCSI controller