Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdulmage

Windows Media Player 7

I bet you nobody will figure this out, but here it goes.

I have installed Windows Media Player 7 build 1956 on my system, and when I have the playlists showing, the visualization freezes up when I minimize it and maximize it again, it freezes for about 10 seconds, then everything appears again, it's a major pain in the ass to work with. I have tried reinstalling everything, from WMP7 to as far as reinstalling the operating system, but nothing seems to fix it. Earlier builds (ie. the build that comes with Windows Me) seems to work just fine. Any ideas??

If you don't have an idea, give me a good music player that plays mp3, midi and wav good. WinAmp?? don't even mention Winamp, because it plays all my songs in 2 channel, when WMP7 plays them all in 4 channel.

Thank you smile

------------------

-------------------------

Because I can.....

-------------------------

all i can say is wmp7 is a huge resource hog, that might be the problem. When I had it, oh man was it bad.

Hmmmm are you guys using the beta version ?? I've not had any trouble with either the beta or the final release, oh yeah it also helps if you have more than 64 meg of ram on your system too.

------------------

------

My Computer

Pentium II 350

Gigabyte 6BXC M/B

16 meg Voodoo 3 2000 AGP

128 Meg of RAM

18 gig Western Digital Expert HDD UDMA 66

Sound Blaster Live ! 256

56k Modula Tech V90 USB modem

4 x SCSI writer

Advansys Host SCSI controller

just turn off the visualizations, it's annoying anyways. or try winamp it's alot smaller and uses alot less resources, just as powerful as media7 in SOME aspects.

------------------

2 Computers both have :

Intel SE440BX2

Pentium III 700Mhz (100)

LS-120 120 Mb (100MHz)

Fujitsu 17.3 GB Ultra DMA 66/10.2 GB Ultra DMA 66

Mitsubihi 50X IDE

Creative Vibra PCI 128bit

Matrox Millenium G400 16Mb AGP/Diamond Speedstar 8Mb AGP

Bay Netgear 10/100PCI

Medium ATX Tower case

120W Multimedia

MS INternet KB (PS2)

MS Win2000 Pro

I loaded WMP7 and it screwed up my Video files and was a total waste and I couldnt fix it. So I wont try it again either.

Athlon 750

256 Meg Kingston