Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Draftsman

Hehe, nice, now how do I convert from NTFS back to FAT32?

fdisk

then format c:/s

it's like those spikes in the road...go one way and you're fine, back up and you blow your tires.

that's why you stay with the future, no point going backwards in time, when the future is NT anyways.

Quote:
Originally posted by Draftsman:
I'm going back to Win ME, sorry....I like games too much.

He likes games too much, so he's going back to WinME?

Some people should not be allowed to own computers. laugh

------------------
"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

Yeah, games...you know, like Roller Coaster Tycoon and Expansion set...

Runs on 2K, but you can't load up a saved game, wiggs out and you end up on the desktop everytime...besides, ME is stable as hell on my machine, 2K has nothing to offer me that ME doesn't already.

Quote:
I'm going back to Win ME, sorry....I like games too much.

You know, like Wolfenstein, Outrun, that kind of thing.
He's obviously having problems locating his 605k conventional memory and 2048 of expanded.

If you love your computer, don't make it suffer.
Give it an OS it can be proud to show off to it's mates!

WinME? Oh yeah, I remember WinME.

That was the OS a buddy of mine was bragging about on the phone. Problem was, when I asked him a question about something work-specific, it took him a real long time to answer. Seems his 16-bit software (we run the same proprietary work software) had locked up his WinME machine and he had to reboot.

But to each his own.

------------------

"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999

I have a copy of Partition Magic 6 that is supose to do it, but I haven't tried it yet. Ver. 5 was supose to do it to but it just horked the file system instead. I think a reformat and install is in order.

Uhhh, yeah....I do some pretty damn nice shiz on my O/S. Win ME is more than plentiful to make me a living. Let's see some of your s h i t DeadPussyCat and GayRunner.

[This message has been edited by Draftsman (edited 21 November 2000).]

Hmmm...should I? Nah. Darnit.

I can see being called DeadPussyCat, but GayRunner? How do you get GayRunner out of BladeRunner?

Being self-employed, I also make my living from my computer, which is why it isn't running WinME! laugh

But like I said, each to his own...Draftsweenie. MUAHAHAHA! laugh

------------------

Hehe, yeah, that's what I though...I can see how you really need Win2K to run your antiques and collectable bs LMAO. You could've done that on WinCE hehe.

that's quite enough Draftsman, your like a mouse caught in a circle of cats, the cats will destroy you. (DeadCats too, lol) Never, should a 9x user jump into the NT forum and defend it, that's wrong, you'll lose the battle.

"I'm going back to Win Me, sorry....I like games too much."

huh? did I miss something, is he saying that Win Me runs better for games? Last time I checked and last time I installed compat updates, NT ran games better, sure, I think there may be a few games that don't run or don't run to their highest quality, but either those games blow anyways or there is a way around that. Not to mention that Whistler will have a taste of NT in it, so what? i'm sorry, those don't run games either, is that what your saying? sounds like it.

Just like DeadCats, I make a living off of my computer, and to make sure, I have troubleshooted enough to make sure it crashes very little and I make sure I don't give in to people like Draftsman....umm....can't think of anything mean to say to you...

WAIT!

Draftsman, go into the corner, I left you a next juicy piece of shut the hell up there, go take a few bites.

Now I must admit, after being called 'GayRunner' I really wasn't going to post back into this thread.

I mean, it was so hurtfull, but after I had wiped all of the tears from my eyes, I decided to force myself back to the computer and follow up.

For your information Draftsman.

I am a System's Administrator.

One of my key roles is to really test all software including OS's before rolling them out to my users.

A conflict of interest does come up, although I have to put the business first I do like an after-hours and weekend network gaming session.

Initially I thought I'll either have to roll-out Win2000 for it's stability and forget the games.

However, after doing a little RESEARCH & TESTING I found that I had the best of both worlds with Windows 2000.

I fast, stable OS for business use and also one that is great for the games too.

I've been running the gold code of Win2000 since December 1999 at home as my only OS.

I wouldn't dream of going back to anything based on DOS ever again.

I'm sorry that Win2000 hasn't worked out for you.

I hope WinME continues to work well for you.

But as somebody who works in the industry I simply wont allow WinME machines onto my network.

"GayRunner" man you slay me!

Wait a second, you've just insulted the best film ever made - How dare you!!

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 22 November 2000).]

Quote:
Hehe, yeah, that's what I though...I can see how you really need Win2K to run your antiques and collectable bs LMAO. You could've done that on WinCE hehe.

Ah, gonna get personal here, huh?

I don't do software for a living, that's what my wife does. I just help her out a bit.

What I do is appraise real estate. My data is critical to me; it's what my work is based upon. That's why I chose Win2K. And Win2K helps me earn a very, very nice income. Wanna measure tools, weenie?

But I also like gaming. I play Q2, Q3, HL, HL:OF, and SoF. All of which run better under Win2K than they did on Win98SE and certainly better than under WinME.

And speaking of my wife's software, just what was the last program you coded? And we're not talking some beginners interpreted Visual Basic crap or an addon for Access here, but real, compiled software.

Now, here's the last I have to say to you (with jdulmage's permission, of course). laugh

Draftsweenie, you swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As they say in Texas. I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.
You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.

You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you ckoke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have [censored] with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.

On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.

You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you my not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.

The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just wouldn't have been "right". Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.

P.S.
You are hypocritical, greedy, violent, malevolent, vengeful, cowardly, deadly, mendacious, meretricious, loathsome, despicable, belligerent, opportunistic, barratrous, contemptible, criminal, fascistic, bigoted, racist, [censored]ist, avaricious, tasteless, idiotic, brain-damaged, imbecilic, insane, arrogant, deceitful, demented, lame, self-righteous, byzantine,conspiratorial, satanic, fraudulent, libelous, bilious, splenetic, spastic, ignorant, clueless, illegitimate, harmful, destructive, dumb, evasive, double-talking, devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative, paternalistic, fundamentalist, dogmatic, idolatrous, unethical, cultic, diseased, suppressive, controlling, restrictive, malignant, deceptive, dim, crazy, weird, dystopic, stifling, uncaring, plantigrade, grim, unsympathetic, jargon-spouting, censorious, secretive, aggressive, mind-numbing, arassive, poisonous, flagrant, self-destructive, abusive, socially-retarded, puerile, clueless, and generally Not Good.

In other words, go away.

no doubt DeadCats, people like him need to get the hell out of here and shut...the hell...up!

I have a cold sore on on my lip, someone said "what is wrong with your lip?"...I happened to have been here, so I said back to them "I have a draftsman"....then didn't understand, but I was laughing my ass off, lol..

ROTFLMAO. Nice Insult. Too bad it didn't come from jdulmage. I remember copying that text from this board a number of months ago. Quite a handy collection of verbage to throw at the small minded. After all, if the shoe fits...

Ed

P.P.S.

Oh yeah, and so's your momma! laugh

------------------

I don't 'code'

I use AutoCAD, hence the Draftsman. I put out over a million dollars worth of construction in drawings last fiscal year. In case you cared...

I really wanted Win2K to work, that's why I stopped to get the pro's views. The only thing that sucked about it is the inconsistancy of gaming. I play some older games, and new alike. I've heard that the game I purchase every year will not run under Win2K (NBA LIVE2k1). For that reason alone, I'd run windows 3.1 if I had to.

You're all right...I won't win here. So thanks for you input to the info I needed. I'm sure I'll be running 2K again. But I'm no "code" guru, I USE an OS, I don't program them.

Deadcats, I was out of line attacking you personally, and Bladerunner. Sorry...

I'll be back someday with a new attitude and a new O/S (Whistler or 2K)

Later all, have a good Thanksgiving...

out

Draftsman, listen. Some of us that post here regularly tend to get a bit out of line from time to time, me just as much as anyone (except jdulmage, for which it is a normal occurance). laugh

We (at least I) didn't intend making fun of you directly. There seem to have been a proliferance of Win2K adoptees who either thought that Win2K was the next upgrade to Win9x, or didn't bother to check compatibility prior to installing it. Then they whine...and whine...and whine. And then expect us to miraculously fix them up. Like we get paid to do it! wink

So here poor befuddled you comes along, needing help, and we make fun of you. So you struck back.

Oh well... laugh

BTW, I note that there are several 'fixes' for Roller Coaster Tycoon listed in the games compatibility section off of the front page here.

You, and everyone else here, have a nice Thanksgiving.

------------------

Dude, you're right. I didn't do any homework, other than I'd tried it once before on my old system. This new system rocks though, and ran Win2K just killer. As you said about people being uneducated, I was, and am...especially about the game fixes. OMG man, does that mean I'll be installing Win2K again, LMAO, hehe. I just might, if so, I'll see all you dudes more often smile

Later.

I can't understand how somebody would pick the piece of tripe known as Windows ME to put on their computer. I downloaded the final version 4.9 off of a ***** sight and ran it for 3 months. IT SUCKS ASS. If I would try to run say more than 3 programs at once I would inevitably get Kernel32.dll errors. Pretty sad. Everything in Windows 2000 is faster except for 3D performance and that is rapidly catching up with new version of drivers. Windows ME is a dead end. With WIndows 2000 you should be able to upgrade to Windows Whistler easily when it become available (in the semi-distant future). A good example of how superior WIndows 2000 with NTFS is over Windows ME is when I play Total Annihilation. At the map load screen when I was running Windows ME a medium sized map could take 30 seconds to load. Now with WIndows 2000 even the largest maps never take more than 3 seconds. I'm sure the buggy "System Recovery" option in WIndows ME has a little something to do with it. Even when you disable this crappy option it still sometimes turns itself on again, taking up system speed and resources in the background while your trying to play a game or run multiple apps. The thing that really shocked me about this feature was that, One month after disabling it and deleting the space taking folder "_Restore_" I had a hidden folder of the same name with 160 Megabytes of useless **** inside. I deleted it again and went to make sure it was off. It was still off! So a week later I had another 40 Megabyte folder full of crap which I deleted. I had to keep doing this until I got Windows 2000. Sorry for being long winded, but Windows ME really chafes my willy.

Did I mention sometimes I would get Kernel32.dll errors just deleting simple files? That's how unstable the Kernel is.

Ok ok....hehe...Dang, I must have good luck with ME. But there's one architectural software that won't run on it, it's called Chief Architect v.6. Knowing this, I still wouldn't mind gaming on Win2k. I have good hardware, I just have to do some work and get the latest drivers for it.

Abit BE6-2 Mobo 128 MB Ram

SB LIVE

Altec Lansing 18" Towers & Sub

56K Modem Lucent

Maxtor 30 GIG

Maxtor 20 GIG

GeForce 256

P-III 800 Overclocked to 904MHz

HP 430 Plotter

Lexmark z11 Printer

Oh, lol, I even got my pyle of crap "Smart & Friendly" 226 2X Burner working in 2K! (It has an AHA 1510 SCSI host card)

Interesting, now that I think of it...I got a special deal on a "Force Feedback Mouse" I got the damn thing for free, wonder if I can get it to work on win 2K, it's frickin weird as hell, you should try one.

One thing thats wierd to me, is the Detonator drivers run better on Win2k than ME. I mean I can change to ANY resolution in 2K and its perfect, but anything greater than 1024x768 in ME, the screen flickers on and off ever 5-10 seconds, very annoying indeed.

So my final question: Is NTFS better than Fat32, if so whY?

Thanks all................