Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Liveware 4 for Win2k: Any rumors or info?

?

------------------

Celeron II 566@875 on a Abit BH6 Rev 1.01, 128 Pc100, Matrox G450 32 DH,

SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, Win98FE

yeah its not going to come out until hell freezes over. So get large quantities of ice and send em to hell.

Since I am tired of my SB Live problems I wanto try another soundcard. Which do you guys recomend for win2k and quake 3?

Thats what I mostly do, win2k and quake 3 smile

Oh and it needs 5.1 analogue output!

Quote:
posted by gambler
Since I am tired of my SB Live problems I wanto try another soundcard. Which do you guys recomend for win2k and quake 3?
Thats what I mostly do, win2k and quake 3

Oh and it needs 5.1 analogue output!

Gambler; just run MICROSOFT Certified WHQL Drivers
I LOVEEEE IT. I had Liveware 3 and I always had BSOD's (blue screen of deaths) all over the place with Sound Blaster LIVE! I love microsoft's SB LIVE! drivers; they are iron solid.

-sev

Yes but when you use the microsoft sblive drivers dont you lose 3d sound and EAX capability?

------------------

Celeron II 566@875 on a Abit BH6 Rev 1.01, 128 Pc100, Matrox G450 32 DH,

SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, Win98FE

No; you do not loose surround sound. (I'm running it right now); however, you DO loose EAX. Price to pay for stability

I was using a SB live card and I BSODs all the time. So then I tried Turtle Beaches Santa Cruz and I have had no problems with. All I mostly do is play Q3 as well and I have never had a BSOD or freeze after I have installed them.

EAX is horrible anyways. Unless you've got a super overclocked 3000Mhz processor you'll notice major slowdown in games when you have EAX enabled. Apparantly this wonderful soundcard p***es off most of the calculations to the processor. I just love it when they call it "hardware support for EAX" even though the sound card just sits on it's *** and let's the processor do all the work.

Weird. I've been using the LW3 drivers since they came out on dozens of 2000 installations with all the latest games. Works fine for me.

/jdulmage on

IT WORKS PERFECTLY FINE FOR ME IN WINDOWS 2000 AND WHISTLER. YOU PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP. LIVEWARE 3 IS THE ANSWER. BY NEXT YEAR IF YOU DON'T HAVE LIVEWAR 3 YOU WILL BE SOL ON ALL THE LATEST GAMES!

:P:P

/jdulmage off

ROFLMAO!

laughlaugh

\laughter on

I love you man. I always get the third degree when I try to add humor to my posts. How do you pull it off.

\laughter off