Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PsychoSword

Microsoft Outlook

I've been noticing a strange behavior from Outlook since I installed Windows 2000. I have the option enabled to "send messages immediately when connected to the internet," yet they dont go through until I manual go into Outlook and click the send/recieve button. I am using Outlook 2000. I used this same program in Windows ME and never had this problem, I hope somebody can tell me what the issue may be here because it's annoying a couple days later finding out that your message never went through and it's still sitting waiting to be sent.

In outlook 2000 you need to go to the Tools menu then Options and under the Internet Email tab check the box that says "Check my local network connection(s) for email every xxx minutes" Fill the box "xxx" with the time interval you want. I set mine to 3 minutes.

That should do it. If you have it checked already then maybe change the interval. If THAT doesnt help then Im sorry, but I cant help ya there. smile

Good Luck

Phsycho, mine does the same thing, sometimes.

It sometimes sends it, sometimes doesn't. Stop being lazy and click the damn button smile

Because a PC is a device that can do millions of things. You could get a device that performed one function but then you would be pi$$ed off because it didn't do enough. You can't win.

Well Grandma can't figure out how to use a VCR but she can use a blender (the buttons on the blender are kind of confusing tho). Sound better to ya?

My problem is not in connections but in reading my messages, why is it that when i read my messages right now, the windows which pop-up instead of displaying the message it just put the message in a attached file format? something wrong with my configuration?