Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mugen C

Interesting Link... Free Security Check From Symantec

Hi There, Don't know if anyone posted this before...

http://security2.norton.com/us/intro.asp?venid=sym&langid=us

I went to the link above, It checked the security on my W2K Box...kinda interesting! laugh check that out..and it's free!

Have Fun!

Mugen C

------------------

Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do!

[This message has been edited by Mugen C (edited 09 January 2001).]

Very interesting. The site could not detect my IP right (detected different IP's each time or no IP at all) and then it said I had a security problem and a trojin horse. And amazingly their solution was to buy their software. BTW, I am behind a hardware firewall and I do not have a trojin. I checked.

The scan it did was wrong on every account. Well it said I had ports open, of course I do, I have a web server,ftp,and a mail server. It failed to tell me what ports I have open, now that's helpful. I'm sure it's the ports I opened.

It even said I did not have a virus scanner on my system. I have tred (the best in my opinion) across my network.

If you want a real test of your system try www.portdetective.com/

Their is also another site that is even better but I can't remember the url right now. Does any one else know of some other's?

Thanks EM, Thats the site I was looking for. It seems to be the best.

Thanks for the links guys! smile

I am actually trying them out right now...so far so good...Found all My ports in Stealth Mode! laugh

regards,

Mugen C

------------------

Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do!