Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kaboom

Win2K crashing

I'm running a 900MHz Athlon with Win2k and WinMe dual booting. I am getting a random freezeup that I cannot relate to any specific app. It happens in both OS's, and is totally random. In 2K, there is no event written to the log so no help there. I run NAV2001, Zonealarm Pro, 1 Cd burner and a DVD drive. No relevance to crashes with these applications.

HELP!!

when did these freezes start? can you think of any hardware/software you installed just before the problems started? you really haven't given us anything to work with here.

Sorry, it has been occuring since I purchased the computer in November. It could be the DVD drive because when I open up MY Computer, it takes a few seconds to see everything after the DVD drive. I have my doubts on this because the drive is new and ran fine in my old PC.

the pause in "my computer" could just be the drive spinning up, nothing to worry about. The lockups are probably heat related; see if you can get a motherboard monitor to watch the temperature. It could also be bad memory. and if the computer is under warranty, by all means go to the manufacturer for help.

Hi, Totally agree with CUViper, especially it happened to both of you OS...here I have something to suggest..try to open up your case and let it run for a while to see if the same problem still exist...Good Luck! smile

regards,

Mugen C

------------------

Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do!

[This message has been edited by Mugen C (edited 11 January 2001).]

my athlon 1.1ghz does the same, i think it is heat, mem or psu. So i replacing all to see.

Tom