Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bsmith

problem with IIS

When I create a site I used to have no problems when I left anonymous connections and basic authentication on in IIS.

On the parts I wanted to be public ,I just added Internet User with appropriate rights and that worked fine.

Recently I've noticed that sometimes when I DON'T add the Internet User to a section, I can still access this section without logging in (without my browser remembering any info, I checked that)

This shouldn't be happening but it does.

I've had this problem on both IIS4 en IIS5.

I know I can patch this by just turning the anonymous option off in IIS of that section but it was never needed before so it shouldn't be now either.

Has any of you had similar problems with IIS.

I find this very strange and I would like to know what is causing it.

If any knows of any fixes for this problem please let me know.

Try this, when you connect to the web server go ahead a log in. Then, when you log out, close that session of IE. If you don't the credentials will stay cached and will log you in auto-magically next time. I use IIS 4 on several servers here, and use it for Outlook Web Access on Exchange Server 5.5. If you keep the session open, it will log you back in next time.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

As I said before I already checkeed that, I always closed the browser to try.

The problem sometimes occures when attempting ftp access too, even with a client.

I'm sure it's not something like caching that is the problem

Wish I just knew what was the problem

Actually, you never stated that you closed the session of IE, only something about "without my browser remembering any info, I checked that". Did you close ALL of the sessions? What browser are you using? What version? How many windows do you have open?

------------------

Regards,

clutch