Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Silent-IQ

Winamp problems! very anoying!

Ok, here is the deal:

I have winamp playing in the background.

I start a game, ex Viper Racing, winamp hangs, i start internet explorer, winamp hangs, i start outlook express, winamp hangs, i start dreamweaver winamp hangs, what the fûck is going on man? its a fresh install of win2k pro with all working drivers i had before, sblive card is not sharing irq it has 19 for it self. I tryed to shut the directsound acceleration of and that didnt do the trick, WHAT?

------------------

-------------------------

Dual Pentium 3 600Mhz/133Mhz coppermine

Tyan Tiger 133 (up to date bios)

256 Mb PC133

Guillemot 3D Prophet Geforce 256

Promisse Ultra 100

Hauppauge WinTV PCI (FM)

Creative Dxr3 Mpeg!

Creative SBLive 1024!

3Com Fast Ethernet XL 10/100Mbit card

Aopen 10X/40X DVD

Yamaha 8X/4X/24X burner

Alot of deskstar harddrives!

check this guys, it get even better, i have winamp playing in the background and i connect to the internet, icq starts and winamp HANGS again! but thats not all, the whole dial up part gets wicked! icq cant connect to the server and i cant surf the internet, cant conect to any server, i have to reboot my computer to use the internet again. what the hell...anyone?

//Silent.

hmm yeah what version of Winamp you running 2.72? Ive never had any problems with winamp besides a few plugin probs but other than that i never had any probs in win2k or in whistler.

how many HDs do you have running on your system? You said a lot but didn't specify.

winamp 2.72 but doesnt matter coz i have same problem with all other version also, it doesnt happen all the time but once it starts it wont stop!

well i dont have that much hard driver..only 3...one 27.3 ATA66,one 60Gb ATA100 and one 46Gb ATA100....thats all...i was to lasy to write them down.. smile

Thanx for your help...that still remains! smile

hmm well as far as i can tell its probably one of 3 problems. A motherboard/HD conflict problem which would cause winamp to f-up if its always trying to load files. A DMA problem with your drives or just a plain motherboard problem. I dont think it is software but im not sure, it doesnt seem like a driver problem either, so im guessing it has to be a conflict caused by your motherboard and hard drives. At least that is the only conclusion i can come up with.