Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sparkhard

What is this error and Why am i all of a sudden getting it ?

I have just reformatted and re-installed 2k. I downloaded my drivers ok.But when i tried to install SP1 I get this error about 100 times.

Windows - Delayed Write Failed

"Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \Device\HarddiskVoulume3\temp\ext5064\ (whatever file name) . The data has been lost. This error may be cause by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elswhere."

Now when i Download anything i get this error, but i downloaded AIM and i recieved the error and said "aww hell i'll just run it anyway" and it worked fine. Anyone ever seen this or know what this might be.

Thanks. Sparkhard

Ok, I have figured out that I only get this error in Win 2k . I have Millennium dualbooted and this problem never occurs. Should i run another clean install of 2k ?

ANY!!!! help is appreciated. Sparkhard

yeah you will probably have to but try and recreate the error. It sounds like your IDE controllers and Win2k arent getting along too well.

U have write cache enabled? Are the HDDs SCSI or IDE? (Or FibreChannel by any chance?) wink