Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Driven

OFFICE 2K Shutdown

Ok...I'm running NAV2K1, with Office2K and Project 2K. When ever I start Word, Excel, Project, it loads, then closes about 5 secs after the load. Tried reinstalling it but now luck. The problem does not happen when I just have Office2K installed and not Project2K. Yet Office and Project work fine on my friends system perfectly, and not on mine or my other firends. NE ideas would be great.

Thankx!!!

Oh yea, I tried the uninstalling NAV2K1 and still no luck.

Well,

This can happen if you have a pirated version of office and you install SR1 or any other updates...

It will check you product key and if your product key matches with microsoft pirated key database, it would make your office like that.

ARC

No need to reinstall Win2k. Thankx Miku, all I did was uninstall the products and reinstall them with new 'cd-keys' and they work fine now.

Thankx!!!

There is an article in the MS knowledge base describing this 'shutdown-behaviour' after installing sp1 and serials like gc6j... (Q255503)

They are also describing a workaround with a litte bit registry hacking.

It is not necessary to reinstall the whole o2k package, the reg hack does it too and saves a lot of time wink

[This message has been edited by Imi (edited 06 February 2001).]