Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LowTech

IRQs troubels i Win2K

I have some troubel with my IRQs !!!!

All my cards is sharing IRQs in win2k !!!

Help me !!!!

This is the cards

NVIDIA GeForce DDR IRQ 11

Soundblaster live IRQ 11

Realtek RTL8139(A)PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter IRQ 11

AND

Intel 82371AB/EB PCI TO USB universal host controller IRQ 11

Promise Technology inc Ultra66 IDE Controller IRQ 11

Hellp me please !!!!

------------------

MSI Intel 440BX

P3 667 Coppermine

128 133Mhz

Geforce 32mb DDR

40 gb HD

SB Live

Unless you are having problems with your computer, DONT CHANGE ANYTHING regarding IRQs. The IRQ sharing has to do with ACPI. You may be able to disable it in bios, or you can change it in Windows, but be warned--YOU WILL HAVE TO REINSTALL WIN2K. I made the same mistake a month or so ago. Computers with ACPI will automatically share a ton of devices under win2k. Theres nothing really easy you can do about it. Just let it be. You cannot change IRQs with ACPI installed under win2k. Trust me. If you want more speed, get a P3 and/or more memory. 128 is the minimum you want under win2k-ive tried it with 64, it doesnt work too well-but more is better.

Ive got 8 devices on IRQ 9, and things work fine and dandy.

------------------

Whaazzzupppppppppp!

Asus A7V

Duron 600@680

384 MB SDRAM PC133@113MHz

Samsung 48x CD-ROM

Toshiba 12x DVD-ROM

Zip CD650 USB 4/4/6

Zip 100 USB

Maxtor 20.4 GB ATA100

Voodoo 4 4500 AGP

Guillemot Maxi Sound Fortissimo

SIIG 3 port 1394 PCI Adapter

D-Link DFE-530 10/100 NIC

Creative Cambridge Soundworks FPS1000

MS Intellimouse Optical

Kleer 17-inch @ 85Hz 1152x864x32 desktop

Pop along to www.microsoft.com

Do a search for ACPI

Have a read through the technical specification and white papers on this subject.

If you want to save time then here is the Readers Digest version:

"Don't worry, it's supposed to do that!"

Yeah, trust me, you dont want to go trying to change your IRQs, unless you really want to reinstall Win2k. eek.gif If everythings working fine, let it be. While you can change the ACPI computer to a stantdard computer in device manager, you wont have use of your keyboard or mouse--in other words, your screwed, please reinstall Win2k, have a nice life. IM WARNING YOU, DONT CHANGE THE IRQ'S.

I did the change three times from ACPI to Standard computer by changing drivers in Device Manager with no ill consequences. This is possible if you use either Intellipoint 3.2 sofware or default Windows 2000 mouse drivers. Those drivers also control the keyboard.

The lockup are due to the infamous Logitech drivers that adds filter drivers to enhance mouse and keyboard functionality. Those filters "Lkbdflt2" and "Lmouflt2" appear as entries in the following Registry locations:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96B-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}:

UpperFilters:REG_MULTI_SZ: Lkbdflt2 kbdclass

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}:

UpperFilters:REG_MULTI_SZ: Lmouflt2 mouclass

These entries require associated entries in the HKLM\System\services key to be added to work properly, but these entries will be missing when you switch from ACPI to Standard computer.