Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
T0NT0

best DVD Player (soft)

whats the best win2000 soft DVD Player??

got a p2 450, 128meg ram and a tnt 16 meg. plus of course a DVD. what is the fastest best quality software dvd player.??

My favorite is PowerDVD [i have v2.55]. SoftDVD MAX wouldn't show the picture, just the sound, for some reason. WinDVD played OK, but wouldn't let me change the rating guide, so I couldn't watch my own DVDs [Fight Club].

So, my vote is for PowerDVD.

-bZj

I love PowerDVD, but for some reason, I cant run it. Im currently using WinDVD and it works great, but Id still rather have PowerDVD.

Try out the players youd like to have, as you can get demos off Cyberlink's website for PowerDVD (www.cyberlink.com.tw) and for WinDVD (www.intervideo.com)

I'm using WinDVD here.

Not that I often watch DVD's on my PC (wouldn't do with a big TV in the next room) but when I have had need to use it it's always been fine.

BTW, dont double post, it makes HULK MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRGH!

Not to mention, Bigfoot goes nuts on his way to Florida, right when he's in Indiana.

i use PowerDVD 3.0 Full here since i can't use my Hollywood plus in Windows XP yet. I hate software players though.

Also, it should be noted that if you have a decoder hardware or software (if the software wont run for some reason but still installs) Win2k and ME have a dvd player-not a decoder-in the Windows directory under System 32 in Win2k...cant remember ME's but its under the Windows directory.