Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Four and Twenty

IE 6 Beta Available for download

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ie60/install/ie6/WIN98Me/en-us/ie6setup.exe

get the ie6setup.exe file downloaded and make a batch file with this in it

ie6setup /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"""

then save the bat file in the dir where ie6setup.exe is and run the bat file

this will allow you to download the the ie6 setup files for 9x or win2k or nt 4 to disk without having to install it right away.

hope you like this little trick

I get the same error. I also noticed that the beta Preview site has gone down.

Indeed. The file is not there. I also tried running an older copy of the setup exe I have, but it asked for a password. Hmm. Not so public afterall!

--Cynan.

Give me an address and I'll posted it you like (email/ftp/etc). Its an older version though but I assume the setup file hasn't changed.

--Cynan.

I really wouldn't install it if I were you. I did.

Basically, the uninstall won't work, which would be okay if it weren't for the fact that the right mouse button menus no longer work since installing IE6. (ie. I can no longer right-click on a link and select "Open in new window" etc...) Probably why they pulled the damn thing.

Other than waiting for them to release a newer, fixed version, my only other course of action is to reinstall windows (again).

------------------

Xiven

Code:
ABit KT7-RAIDD750 @ 850MHz256MB PC100 RAMCreative Labs 3D Blaster GeForce2 MX (Det 10.8.0)Creative Labs SBLive! Player 5.1Macronix MX98715 100Mbit/s Ethernet AdapterIBM-DTLA - 307030 30GB Ultra-ATA/UDMA 100 Hard Drive (Primary Master on HPT)Fujitsu MPD3173AT 17.3 GB Ultra-ATA/UDMA 66 Hard Drive (Secondary Master on HPT)Creative DVD-ROM DVD1241E (RPc-1) (Primary Master on IDE)Iiyama Vision Master Pro 451 19" MonitorCambridge Soundworks DTT3500 Digital 5.1 surround speakersWin2kPro (SP-1) / WinME Dual Boot (so I can play FF7)

Me either. I went from IE 5.01->IE6 B2411->2462.

Not much of a diff. I haven't had the issues that Xiven has had.

Well I'm on Win2k and I upgraded from IE5.5 SP1 to the public beta of IE6.

For now I'm putting up with shift-clicking on links to open in a new window. Dunno if a newer release is gonna fix my problem or not. May still have to reinstall windows (only did it 2 weeks ago grrrrrrrr).

Xiven,

You can save yourself a s.hitload of hassle by creating an image with norton Ghost or Drive image pro. You would then be back to normal with W2k etc in 10 minutes.

If there is any application that is worth its money, its Norton Ghost.

Hmmmm... well I just did a repair of win2k and it's all happy now smile Think I'll stick to IE 5 for now.

wine cry wine cry that why it a beta beside we all beta test weather not we like or not hehe.

One thing I do like about it WAY FASTER very fast that is so it got a few bug that why you need send a bug report so that it look at if not then that problem you haveing may show up in final ver.

SHS - yeah I know. I'm not moaning, I'm just warning others of the fact that it may happen to them. As for reporting the bug; I would if their beta site were online, but it's not so I can't.

arghh!! as if that download site wasn't bad enough (speedwise) it took me over an hour to grab 9.77MB of 9.90MB and what happens? it just froze! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

woooohooooooooo! on the brighter side, that post made me a senior member! :P

Taking down the bug report page has got to be one of the strangest not to mention dumbest things I've ever seen Microsoft do. Well except for Media Player 7 perhaps. :-)

For anyone using IE6... have you noticed that it really hates cookies? It won't take any cookies from any of my old websites, forums included, and there doesn't seem to be a way to change it other than setting the security level to low, which I really don't wanna do. Any ideas?