Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cablehog

Norton compatibility with 2000

I am running Windows 2000 Professional and am having a problem installing any version of Norton; including 7.01 corporate. It says I have to be in 95/98 to install. I know there is something about the apcompat.exe file or something, but will that help in this case? I need virus protection!!

NACE 7.01 comes in two flavours that I've seen and downloaded: 9x and NT. Although, I'm not sure if this is full warezed version or just a demo.

And for the record, I have a legit copy of NAV2000, I just wanted to see how 7.x was different from 6

------------------

PIII 500 (Pre CuMine)

160MB RAM

GeForce DDR

Sonic Impact S90

Win2K Prof(and W98SE, but unused since early March)

Logitech Itouch Elite

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer

Everglide (HL Giganta)

Logitech Quickcam Home

etc. etc. etc.

My Norton 7.01 Corporate CD installs fine straight fromt he CD. Using Autorun. No special tweaks or hoops to jump through required. laugh

I am not sure if the Norton I got was for NT.. I got it from my father in-law, but that could be the case. It is just strange that no version I have tried works on 2000. About the apcompat file; does anyone know what that does for installation of software?

Norton System Works 2001 works fine on Windows 2000. Thought I would post this in hopes this thread will finally close. hehehe