Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampyr

OfficeXP Final vs Office XP Enterprise

I have Office XP Final. I just downloaded Office XP Enterprise Edition. I was wondering what the differences were and is it worth installing enterprise edition?

Enterprise Edition = no serial # to provide.

They are both the same in all other ways.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 650@850

BE6-II Mobo with 320 mb ram

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

All In Wonder Radeon 32MB

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Office XP appears to be a very CRANKY program. If your considering this product, I would stick with Office 2000..it is much more stable..but what do I know.Anybody else have this response?

AccessXP (2002, whatever) was pretty screwy on my main PC at home. I couldn't create new tables, forms, or queries in existing databases. I tried repairing it, reinstalling it, removing then reinstalling, then finally went back to Office 2000. Access worked again, but all the help files were trashed and some other quirks came to surface. I formatted and reinstalled Win2K and then OfficeXP, and still had the same problems. However, I upgraded that machine to WinXP, and all the problems went away.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Office xp is working great here no probs with access or any of the other apps. The last build of whistler had some disagreements with the speech api service and occasionally sapisvr.exe would eat all my cpu cycles for about 30 seconds or so. Since i have gotten xp beta no more problems with the speech api. I run Office XP under win2k adv server as well with no problems there.